Applications for United States passport can be obtained and submitted though the office of the Graham County Clerk of the Court. United States Passports are administered through the United States Department of State of the federal government. The Graham County Clerk is authorized to receive and submit passport applications. United States Passports are available only to United States citizens or non-citizen nationals. A passport is required for all travel outside of the United States, in order to reflect the bearer's origin, identity, and nationality.
- Complete in full the Application for a United States Passport form, available at the office of the Clerk of the Court, or can be downloaded.
- One passport picture - Must fit the size guidelines given in the application.
- Passport Brochure (PDF)
- Passport Checklist (PDF)
- Proof of Citizenship - Individual's certified birth certificate, or a previous U.S. passport. For individuals born outside the United States, please visit the Government State website / for proper proof of citizenship/identity.
- Proof of Identity - Photo I.D.; for children under age of 16 both parents or child's legal guardian(s) must appear with proof of relationship and proof of their own identity.
- Two forms of payment
- $35 to the Graham County Clerk of the Court, in the form of cash, credit or debit card, cashier's check, money order
- Check or money order made out to United States Department of State, for one of the fee amounts. See the
- Passport Checklist (PDF).
Reminder: In addition to the payment for the type of passport you choose from the charts above, the $35 fee to the Graham County Clerk of the Court must be paid at the same time in the form described above.
What to Expect
- If you will be traveling to a country which requires a visa (or permission to visit), you will need to contact the U.S. Department of State to complete that additional process. Please visit the United States Department of State's website for more information.
- You will receive your passport within six to eight weeks from the time of application for the regular processing, and within two to three weeks for the expedited processing.
- Your certified birth certificate or previous passport will be sent to Passport Services along with the application. It will be returned to you with your new passport.
*Passport applications and photos may also be obtained and / or submitted at:
Thatcher Post Office
1122 N Stadium Avenue
Thatcher, AZ 85552
Renew Your Passport By Mail
For information, questions, and inquiries: Please visit United States Department of State's website. In addition, you can contact the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) toll-free at 877-487-2778 (TDDJ 888-874-7793) or by emailing NPIC. Customer Service Representatives are available:
Monday through Friday
6 a.m. to Midnight Eastern Time (excluding federal holidays).
Automated Information is available 24 / 7.