Defensive Driving Program
Please read the following important information regarding defensive driving school.
You are required to call and register before attending a class. Have the ticket with you when you call.
If you appear to attend a class without registering in advance, you will not be allowed to attend.
Intention to Attend
You must notify the Court of your intention to attend Defensive Driving School before your appearance date. Due to the new rules, the court must determine if an extension will need to be given before you may attend a class.
If you are under the age of 18 and are eligible to attend Defensive Driving School and complete a class, the violation will be dismissed. If you decide not to attend a school or are found responsible for any moving violation by the court, you will be required to attend a Traffic Survival School by the MVD.
Per A.R.S. 28-3392.C2, if you have a Class CDL driver's license, you are not eligible to attend a defensive driving class.
- To register for a class in graham county call: 800-
- To register for a class in another county call: 1-888-334-5565
- To register for a class online, view eligibility requirements and view a list of certified schools by county, log on to: Arizona Courts Defensive Driving School website
- If attending a class online, you must complete the course 14 days prior to the extension date per DDS rules.
- If attending a classroom setting, you must complete the course 7 days prior to the extension date per DDS rules.
Please be advised that this Justice Court will only give one extension for 30 days to complete a class. If you fail to complete a class within the 30 day extension you will be responsible for the full amount of the citation plus a $20 late fee. If you decide not to attend defensive driving school and pay the sanction within the 30 day extension, no late fee will be imposed.
For Frequently Asked Questions go to Arizona Courts website.