County Roads Advisories & Conditions
- Klondyke Road and Bonita Klondyke Road are muddy. Four wheel drive only.
- Aravaipa Canyon Road open to 4x4 only
- All other county roads are open and passable
Public Service Announcement
- ROAD CLOSURE: First Avenue between Rocky Road and Quail Ridge Drive will be closed for culvert replacement.
- Tuesday, February 12, 2019 and Wednesday, February 13, 2019
- Beginning at 7:00 a.m., ending at 4:00 p.m.
Contact our Highway Department if you have any questions or call 928-428-3652.
ADOT Public Service Announcements
For more information on Arizona roads visit the ADOT website.
Please note that if some of the announcements seem to be "old news", it's the completion date that is important.
US 191 Improvements To Begin Between Safford, Morenci
Drivers should expect delays through early 2019.
U.S. 70 Safety Project In Safford Set To Begin February 4, 2019
Preliminary work on a safety project along US 70 in Safford is set to begin Monday, Feb. 4.
January 28, 2019
Key improvements include:
- Lighting upgrades between 20th Avenue and Eighth Street
- Americans with Disability Act/sidewalk improvements in select locations
- Improvements to the island at the Walgreens entrance from US 70
- Hollywood Road/Eighth Street intersection modifications at US 70
- Hollywood Road converted to a T-intersection
- Eighth Street converted to a cul-de-sac
US 70 will remain open throughout the project, but drivers may encounter intermittent lane and shoulder closures.
In addition, the US 70 entrance to Walgreens will close for about a week, and motorists should expect restrictions at the intersection of US 70/Hollywood Road for about six weeks while crews reconstruct the intersection half at a time.
ADOT will maintain access to all businesses throughout the project.
The $770,000 project is scheduled to wrap up in April.
Drivers and pedestrians should proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down and watch for construction personnel and equipment.
Schedules are subject to change based on weather and other unforeseen factors. For more information, please call the ADOT Project Information Line at 855.712.8530 or email Projects@azdot.gov. For real-time highway conditions statewide, visit ADOT's Traveler Information Site at www.az511.gov, follow ADOT on Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or call 511, except when driving.