Burn Permits

Burn Permits

Property owners are required to obtain permits from the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) for the purpose of conducting open burning.

Applying for an open burn permit is now paperless. You may instantly receive your permit confirmation and documentation by completing the online application at http://www.azdeq.gov/OpenBurn.

People without computer access may call ADEQ’s Air Quality Division at (602) 771-0149 for assistance.

Purpose of a Burn Permit

An Open Burn Permit is needed for open outdoor fires for the purposes of weed abatement, prevention of a fire hazard or instruction in the methods of fighting fires, unless conducted by a public officer in the performance of an official duty.